Monday, March 28, 2016

Simple Açai Smoothie Bowl




When I wake up in the morning, I want breakfast ASAP; so simple breakfast recipes help me not to get hangry or be late for school/work. During the summer, this Açaí bowl is what I enjoy almost every morning. It doesn’t require any cooking. All you need is a blender.
            I once took a photo of an açaí bowl that I made and posted it on Instagram. After which, countless people came up to me and asked if I could make them one/how to make their own. Little did they know, it’s incredibly simple. Here’s my not so secret açaí bowl recipe:

Ingredients:
2 Small frozen bananas
½ Cup berries of choice (you can you more or less, but this is approx. how much I usually         add)
1 Packet frozen Açaí packet (can be found in most grocery stores)
1 Cup milk of choice/coconut water (I prefer almond milk)
1 Cup ice (optional for thicker consistency)


Step 1: Add frozen bananas, Açaí packet, berries, ice, and liquid of choice into blender
Step 2: blend until smooth


Step 3: pour into bowl and add toppings of choice

I prefer almond butter, cacao nibs, almonds, bananas, and berries.
Less for the reason of taste and more for the health benefits, I add chia and flax seeds.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment