Monday, April 25, 2016

Simple Protein: Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp Recipe

I think that the two main reasons that I couldn't be a vegan are 1) shrimp and 2) prosciutto. Shrimp is a lean and healthy source of protein, not to mention it's relatively simple and quick to cook.

The first tie that I went to Italy I discovered "prosciutto e melone." I had it for almost every meal. It sparked my love for prosciutto. However, when I lived in Saudi Arabia pork was banned from the country and I had some withdrawals. Now that I'm back in NYC, I incorporate it into my meals at least a couple times per week. Here's one of my favourite combinations:

Ingredients:

-A Few Slices of Prosciutto
-2/3 Cup Shrimp 
-1 Tsp Olive oil


Step 1: Place oiled pan on low heat

Step 2: Peal prosciutto strips into smaller strips and wrap each shrimp


Step 3: Place shrimp in the pan and cook until edges are browned (approximately 5 minutes)


Step 5: Enjoy!

I usually prefer to pair this with some roasted brussels sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment